Types of Problems easily fixed with veneers
It is not uncommon that people mistakenly think of porcelain veneers as a specifically cosmetic dental treatment.
However, veneers are often used to target a wide variety of dental issues – though they are a great way to improve the appearance of your teeth, this is not their only function!
The veneer is a thin layer of material placed on top of the tooth, so in effect, they provide a covering and can, therefore, protect damaged areas of the tooth/teeth. The veneer is attached via the use of dental cement and it is a permanent fixture in your mouth.
Some of the most common dental issues we treat with veneers are:
As we grow older, natural teeth discolouration is avoidable. No matter how many times you brush or how advanced your dental hygiene routine is – it is practically impossible to retain that sparkling healthy white tooth colour!
There are of course teeth whitening products to target this, but if you have tried them and are not satisfied with the results, or you want to target two issues at once (e.g. having teeth which are both chipped and discoloured) then a veneer is the perfect answer to your problem.
The veneer covers the entire front surface of your natural tooth and therefore leaves you with a smile which is bright and pearly white. An additional benefit is that you can personalise the shade of white you desire. We have many options available whether you are looking for a bright, Hollywood grin or a more natural smile.
There are several issues which can occur as a result of having gaps between the teeth. You may have difficulty breaking up food while chewing, ultimately causing digestive problems, or it can cause you to develop bad breath, yellow teeth, pain and bleeding in the gums.
A popular way of treating gaps in the teeth is of course, braces. However, veneers are increasingly becoming a more favourable option for adults, since they offer:
- Fast and effective results
- Teeth whitening as well as straightening of teeth and closing of gaps
- A way to avoid often unsightly appearance and inconvenience of wearing braces
- The need to wear a retainer after the braces are removed
Since veneers can be shaped and adjusted to fit your mouth, we can create veneers which are big enough that they will close any gaps between teeth, and function just as your natural teeth would.
Regardless of your age, crowded teeth can occur at any point in your life. An overcrowded mouth can cause problems as it often leads to teeth which are misaligned and the subsequent moving of other teeth due to constant pressure from surrounding teeth.
This can impact both your oral health and your appearance. There are several options to treat overcrowded teeth including veneers, Invisalign, and other types of braces.
As long as the crowding/crookedness in your mouth is not too severe, veneers are a viable option to fix crowded teeth. During the procedure, we will file down some of the enamel on your natural tooth then apply a porcelain cover on top. In doing this, we can reshape and resize your teeth to the appropriate proportions, leaving you with a straight and healthy smile.
Chipped teeth can occur through accidental damage, from biting into something hard or general weakening of the teeth’s strength over time. Although we may think this is just an aesthetic problem, leaving a chipped tooth untreated can often lead to further damage since you leave the tooth vulnerable for the chip becoming worse.
The veneer will cover the tooth and therefore protect the natural tooth from further damage, while at the same time strengthening the tooth with the additional layer of material, allowing you to continue using it as normal.
If you only have one broken tooth and you are looking for a more affordable option, you may want to get one veneer and simply treat the broken tooth. However, most people get between four and ten veneers per arch as this is the best way to create an even, symmetrical smile.
Nobody wants to have misaligned teeth, but if you didn’t get braces when you were a child, you may not want to go through the period of waiting for the teeth to straighten! As mentioned, there are many alternative braces options to close gaps and straighten the teeth.
However, if you want fast results without having to wait for the teeth to move (often between 6 – 24 months for most brace types) then veneers provide an amazing, effective solution. They provide multiple cosmetic benefits, and they’re durable and long-lasting.
Equally, if your teeth are perfectly healthy, but you simply want to refresh your smile or you are unhappy with the aesthetic appearance of your teeth – there is no reason why you shouldn’t justify this as a valid reason for treatment too.
Cosmetic purposes are a common motivation for getting veneers, and we help many, many patients improve their smile, their confidence and ultimately their quality of life!
Why choose to have your treatment with us?
At Dr Joe Oliver we are committed to providing exceptional results for our London and Manchester based patients, whether new or loyal.
When you have made the commitment to improving your smile and the functioning of your teeth through cosmetic dentistry, it is vital you choose a practice you can trust.
At Dr Joe Oliver, we value:
- Authenticity: Since our patients are our main priority, our first goal is to ensure you are happy. We create an open dialogue fuelled by an authentic interest in our patients’ needs and the desire to ensure you leave our practice feeling proud of your smile.
- Dedication: Dr Oliver teaches and lectures extensively on aesthetic and contemporary restorative dentistry nationally and abroad for prestigious institutions, attesting to his commitment to staying well informed and on top in the dentistry field.
- Results: We offer a 5-year guarantee on all veneer crowns and bridgework – if our patients are not satisfied our work is not complete!
- Innovation and expertise: Dr Oliver’s passion for excellence in dentistry has seen him introduce several innovations and techniques that are revolutionising modern dentistry and seldom seen in other cosmetic practices. This includes smile design analysis, biomimetic dentistry, 3D smile makeover planning, 3D smile prototype analysis and 3D CAT SCAN implant surgical planning.
- Reliability: See our testimonies to hear about some of the results we have provided for our patients.
Ready to feel better about your smile..?
If you would like to book a free consultation meeting, or you are interested in finding out more about the uses and effectiveness of veneers or our dental practice, please do not hesitate to get in contact on: 020 4579 1355 (London & Manchester Clinic).